Sunday, January 24, 2010

Huh?! 2010?!

Okay...where on EARTH has the time gone?! Looking through my "blog" I realized that it's been a long time! Actually, it's been so long, I forgot about having a blog! hahaha Nothing much has changed. Well...a lot has I guess but it's all been good!

I think that this year is a year of "simplifying". I've said it so many times this year already but I really feel that in so many different areas of my life. Simplify my home by decluttering, organizing and staying on top of things. Simplify my body spiritually, physically and mentally by being "healthy", having a relationship with God, no more worrying about what man thinks of me and just enjoying every day with my family!

I hear so many stories how people are struggling so badly. Brandon is such a great provider. He has a fantastic job that takes care of us and 2 job opportunities that have just recently popped up for him. All 3 would take care of us. It is just a matter of knowing what would be best for Brandon. Where would he be happy and where would he be able to spend the most time with his family? Things we need to think about but I'm putting this in his hands. I listen to what he has to say, I pray about it and am letting Brandon make that decision since he is the one that has to get up to work every day.

Saige has a boyfriend. They have been together for 3 months now. His name is Seth Bean and he is an answered prayer for me. He loves the Lord and is wanting to go to BBC to become a pastor. I prayed that Saigey wouldn't be bitter like I am about church and that God call her back even if it takes a "boy" to do so...and He did. She isn't as involved as she used to be with drama or other things (not like they've even tried to get her back) but she is going to a youth group and getting the word and that is what is important to me. I just want her to have a relationship with God!

Dillon LOVES school this year. I am so excited! He has Mr. Blitman & he has been so great with Dillon. D comes home from school almost every day talking about how Mr. Blitman makes him laugh. He also said that Mr. B said he was his favorite student because he reminds him of his son. His eyes were DANCING he was so happy. He is such a special little guy. His school & I have been working with him for a while now and have come to the conclusion that he is Autistic. He has Asperger's Syndrome. It is the "socially awkward" form of Autism. It makes me feel better knowing what is wrong so that now, we can just work with him to make things as easy for him as possible. Just knowing makes such a difference for all of us. He is still in Cub Scouts and loves it! He no longer comes home talking about the friends he doesn't have but every day he is excited that he actually played with kids on the playground. It makes my heart PIDDER!



Connor is also in Cub Scouts this year. He likes it as well. He is more of a social dude so I don't need to worry about him as much. He is doing great in school. A little "natural" at everything he does. Last summer, he decided he wanted to ride a 2 wheeler so he got a wrench, took the training wheels off and started riding up and down the street. It's how he does everything. He just goes for it! I want to put him in some sort of sport but right now, he's not sure what he wants to do and is just enjoying playing with his big brother and going to Cub Scouts.

I still have my sign business, "Scribbles". I am so lucky to do everything that I love every day. (How spoiled am I?!) On tomorrow's list?...mail a few signs, paint a little, clean the house and possibly watch a little Twilight. haha

We are hoping to go to McCall in a month or so to stay at a cabin with the Gilmore's for a few days and then this summer take another family vacation. Not sure where we will go yet but the possibilities are endless. Probably to Washington a few times, Oregon Coast...possibly Yellowstone. (That one is TOTALLY not my idea as I HATE the outdoors!...and so do the kids.)

My family FINALLY got together this year and had our pictures taken by my friend, Heather Hillman. She is such a great photographer and was so patient with all of us. She got so many wonderful shots! This is my favorite one of my entire family though and we decided we need to take a new one every year! I don't know why we waited so long to get a professional picture...it wasn't that hard.


I guess that's it for now. I will try to do better at posting these things but who on earth has time to write a play by play of their life every single day? I have laundry to do, dishes to wash, kids to take care of, a house to clean and the list goes on and on...but I'm not complaining! I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: